Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install TurboTax 2023 - says it cannot be installed on my pc. TurboTax 2022 worked fine on this machine. Compatibility troubleshoot did not help. Any suggestions?

Computer is 2022 HP laptop running Windows 11.
7 Replies

Cannot install TurboTax 2023 - says it cannot be installed on my pc. TurboTax 2022 worked fine on this machine. Compatibility troubleshoot did not help. Any suggestions?

Are you getting an error code?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

No error code - just the message:
TurboTax2023.png

If anything has been downloaded on your laptop, you should uninstall it first. Could you please try downloading your software from this link: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax/software/install and chose your already purchased version: Download Standard?

Okay... did that. Same message!

The message on your image mentions an app. TurboTax apps only function with the Online software and not the Download software. Are you trying to use the TurboTax app instead of the program?

Thank you for your patience.

Well, I'm not sure I understand this but it's fixed! I did a little digging and found that I had 2 executables on my desk top - one at the top of my list of Turbo Tax programs since 2015, and a second one that was about as far away from my desktop icons as possible. I tried that one & it installed the program just fine, so deleted the other. I've registered with my license code and all seems to be okay. Thank you!

Happy to see this situation has been resolved and thank you for updating us.