Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CD standard version of TT 2021 doesn't mention self-employed on package plus review question

Hi there

I asked a question a week or so ago, as to whether the CD version of Standard included the T2125 (self employed income) and was told that it did. Only the downloaded version has changed, the moderator said.

When I went to Staples to buy this on CD/Download, the bullet points on the back did NOT include self-employed income. Which is correct? If I purchase and find that it does not, I cannot return the product. I went away without purchasing. @TurboTaxSusan 

Also, in previous years I have paid separately for an expert review just to check. I think it was about $80 on top of the purchased program. Can I do that this year, when I am ready to file?

Cheers

Ellie

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

CD standard version of TT 2021 doesn't mention self-employed on package plus review question

Yes, the forms are the same across all versions of TurboTax CD/Download. So if you use Forms mode, there is no difference between Standard or Home & Business, other than the price and the number of returns included (Standard comes with 8, while H&B comes with 12). 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

All versions of TurboTax CD/Download have the same tax forms and call all be used to prepare a return with self-employment income & expenses. The difference is that only TurboTax Home & Business has the expanded Self-employment/Business interview. In Standard, instead of a step-by-step process with plenty of help to guide you, most of the Self-employment/Business section is one long page that is not that different from just filling out the actual T2125 Statement of Business or Professional Activities form. 

And yes, you can still purchase the review service. You'll see the option to do so once you get to the File part of the Interview.

Thanks @TurboTaxSusan 

I have always just used the forms in previous versions. This will be no different, if I understand you correctly?

Ellie

Yes, the forms are the same across all versions of TurboTax CD/Download. So if you use Forms mode, there is no difference between Standard or Home & Business, other than the price and the number of returns included (Standard comes with 8, while H&B comes with 12).