Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trego76

CRA result code error: 31 - information sent to CRA doesn't match the info currently on record with Service Canada. What information must match?

Must provide full name (first, middle and last)? Does address matter?
9 Replies

CRA result code error: 31 - information sent to CRA doesn't match the info currently on record with Service Canada. What information must match?

Yes. Address matters.

Also if this is your first time filing a return in Canada, you will need to print and mail your return as the CRA doesn't usually have your complete personal information on file yet.

Hi ,

I have prepared my son's Tax return first time. Can't email it. Error code 31.

@raniladesilva Most first time filers have to mail in their returns. After your son gets his Notice of Assessment, he'll be able to sign up for MY Account, and NETFILE next year.

rocio5

I only have to mailed my return-cra-23?  Or do I have to include my t4 also?

@rocio5 This CRA page tells you what you need to include with your tax return when you mail it in: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/segments/students/what-you-include-...

I have submitted return for my 17 year old grand son and 

Can you please let us know what your question is so that we can help?

I submitted return for my 17 year old grandson and received reply that CRA did not accept it because of Code 31 error. This is my grandson`s first filing plus he has changed his name a year ago. Could either of these be the reason why CRA did not accept filing?

Yes, you are correct. CRA result code error: 31 - The information sent to CRA doesn't match the info currently on record with Service Canada.  You will need to click on print to mail the return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.