Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanyabz
Returning Member

date of becoming non-resident

I moved out of Canada in early 2023. In the TurboTax online version, the wizard asks you "What province/territory did you live in on December 31, 2023?"  If you select "Non-Resident", you can specify your new address on the next page. But there is no way to specify the effective date for the address change. I understand there is a workaround in the TurboTax desktop version (modifying the INFOWS worksheet in Forms mode), but there is no Forms mode in the online version. How can I specify the date I left Canada in the online version?
5 Replies

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help you. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

tanyabz
Returning Member

When I call that phone number, I'm required to provide  my Support ID number. Where do I get it?

If you don't have a support ID, you can just tell the answering machine what you are calling about. ex: if you have a question about your return, just say "tax question".

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

joyce7788
Returning Member

@tanyabz Hi, do you have a solution? I am asking because I am experiencing the exact same situation and would appreciate some assistance. Thank you!

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help you. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.