Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I record amounts for RPP contributions from T4 seperately or did they populated when pulled over from CRA?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I record amounts for RPP contributions from T4 seperately or did they populated when pulled over from CRA?

If you have RPP (Registered Pension Plan through your employer or union) contributions shown in Box 20 of your T4, you only enter them once in TurboTax, on the T4 screen. They will appear on Line 207 of the tax return as a deduction from your total income.  If you imported your tax information from CRA using the AutoFill feature the entry will already be there. 

NOTE: Do not confuse these contributions with RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan) contributions. If you contribute to an RRSP through your employer with regular deductions from your pay, you will receive separate RRSP Contribution slips. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you have RPP (Registered Pension Plan through your employer or union) contributions shown in Box 20 of your T4, you only enter them once in TurboTax, on the T4 screen. They will appear on Line 207 of the tax return as a deduction from your total income.  If you imported your tax information from CRA using the AutoFill feature the entry will already be there. 

NOTE: Do not confuse these contributions with RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan) contributions. If you contribute to an RRSP through your employer with regular deductions from your pay, you will receive separate RRSP Contribution slips.