Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinellrs
Returning Member

Downloaded manual update for my Standard Turbotax 2023. It cannot find my uploaded version on my hard drive. Have removed and reloaded the software. How do I fix this?

Have tried multiple times to update the software automatically but now using a ma Muslim download without success.
4 Replies

Downloaded manual update for my Standard Turbotax 2023. It cannot find my uploaded version on my hard drive. Have removed and reloaded the software. How do I fix this?

We don't have update downloads anymore. We only have installers for the whole program, which will act like an update when you use it when the software is already installed. Try uninstalling what you installed using the CD, and then use the download to reinstall TurboTax. Make sure that you are installing the software to a drive in the computer, and not an external or cloud drive.

martinellrs
Returning Member

Already removed and uploaded the 2023 software several times from CD to my internal drive (programs X86).  It does not update from the original upload; that is why I tried the manual update.  So, sounds like a driver problem - question is, is it my CD that is not functioning or a driver … any suggestions?

If TurboTax is not automatically updating, then you might have anti-virus or security software that might be blocking TurboTax.

martinellrs
Returning Member

Yes; I disarmed both to allow a direct shot but there is something more. Will consult with my local tech and update to advise for future workaround.