Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloaded Turbotax standard to desktop. (I see a little administrator shield on it. I didn't notice that in past years.) I can't get it to run. Any ideas?

Tried run as admin, open, double click. I get to the yes to trust it, a few spins and then nothing...
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Downloaded Turbotax standard to desktop. (I see a little administrator shield on it. I didn't notice that in past years.) I can't get it to run. Any ideas?

What is the error or issue message you are getting when you try to download your software? Are you using Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge? Have you tried uninstalling the program, clearing your cache and reinstalling?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

What is the error or issue message you are getting when you try to download your software? Are you using Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge? Have you tried uninstalling the program, clearing your cache and reinstalling?

Thanks for the quick reply. I downloaded and deleted a few times. I tried in chrome and in brave. I haven't tried clearing cache. Do you know how much disk memory is required for the program. I had space to download it but not sure if I need to make more space for the actual program.

Please follow this link for your information: Microsoft Windows System Requirements

Thank you Ginette. I cleared cache, I restarted computer, downloaded using Microsoft Edge and it is installed now. All good.

You're very welcome and thank you for the update.