Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter the amount of tuition and other program costs associated with the scholarship income entered in box 105 of the T4A slip.

7 Replies

Enter the amount of tuition and other program costs associated with the scholarship income entered in box 105 of the T4A slip.

If you need to enter an amount Box 105 of the T4A, you need to enter in the correct spot, as this determines how much of the Scholarship Exemption you are eligible for. You would pick whichever Box 105 matches your situation best. Box C on the T2202A is Full Time Months, and Box B is part time months.

More info about scholarships from the CRA: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-re...

celianepg

Yeah... I don't think this answers the question which is about the tuition amount, not about the scholarship amount. Where does the tuition amount go on the T4A though????

mememe45lf
Returning Member

did you ever figure this out?

mememe45lf
Returning Member

this didn't answer the question lol where do you enter this? @TurboTaxSusan  "Enter the amount of tuition and other program costs associated with the scholarship income entered in box 105 of the T4A slip."???

@mememe45lf You would put the amount into whichever situation suits you best. Ex: If you are a Part-time student with a T2202 with months in Box 24, put your scholarship in the second box 105.

mememe45lf
Returning Member

yes i did that. but then it says 

"Enter the amount of tuition and other program costs associated with the scholarship income entered in box 105 of the T4A slip."

so where do we enter tuition amount? I have already entered my tuition amount in my t2202a in the deductions tab @TurboTaxSusan