Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error (due to TT bug) prevents filing. Check Yes on T4 “work at home due to COVID-19” error says change to No. Change to No and new error says change to Yes. How to fix?

I filled out T777S (Detailed Method) and on T4 checked Yes next to "Will you claim employment expenses for working at home due to COVID-19 for income on this T4?". During Review step prior to File there was 2 errors, one said I’d filled out both T777S and T777 and I can only use one. I didn’t (knowingly) enter info on T777 and it looks to be empty but there’s no way I can “clear” it.
3 Replies

Error (due to TT bug) prevents filing. Check Yes on T4 “work at home due to COVID-19” error says change to No. Change to No and new error says change to Yes. How to fix?

Please contact our phone support team as they will be better able to assist you. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us

RD2711

Getting the same error - takes you into a loop. 

Error: "You've attempted to claim employment expenses from working at home due to COVID-19 (form T777S) and also declared other employment expenses (form T777). Turbo allows only one"

But all I  entered was I have T2200S and falt rate.No other employment expenses.

RD2711

This is definitely a TT SW bug.