Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbohara

Error: You have not entered your Provincial Parental Insurance Plan premiums paid from Box 55 ...

Hello, 

I am receiving the following Error while trying to file my federal tax return: 

You have not entered your Provincial Parental Insurance Plan premiums paid from Box 55 of your T4 slip, or the amount entered is greater than the amount entered in Box I of your Relevé 1 slip.

Box 55 of my T4 slip is zero and Box I of my RL1 slip matches my Employment Income. I have entered everything else as is. Any advice on how to resolve this issue would be much appreciated.

2 Replies

Error: You have not entered your Provincial Parental Insurance Plan premiums paid from Box 55 ...

You have not entered your Provincial Parental Insurance Plan premiums paid from Box 55 of your T4 slip, or the amount entered is greater than the amount entered in Box I of your Relevé 1 slip.

I have the same problem except my box 55 is zero and my box I is also zero.

any ideas?

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Your Box 56 in T4 should match Box I from RL1 and Box 55 in T4 is the same as Box H in RL1. Even if it shows zeros in your T4 just add them manually. Your Box 56 and I cannot be a zero value, match your Box 14. 

I hope this was helpful