Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praveenm

I am a first time tax filer with CRA and using Turbotax NETFILE option however I am receiving an error when trying to file that I am not a first time filer.

The Canada Revenue Agency was unable to process your return.

Our records indicate you are not filing an income tax return for the first time with the Canada Revenue Agency. Please go back in your software and ensure you do not identify yourself as someone who is filing an income tax return for the first time and submit your tax return again.

If you require assistance, please contact your tax preparation software provider.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
praveenm

I am a first time tax filer with CRA and using Turbotax NETFILE option however I am receiving an error when trying to file that I am not a first time filer.

First time filers - Do not use NETFILE. Irrespective of tax software you use, just print and mail your documents to CRA. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
praveenm

First time filers - Do not use NETFILE. Irrespective of tax software you use, just print and mail your documents to CRA.