Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkbw1995

Good Afternoon, I have purchased the standard version, but not yet filed. I recently learnt that there is a free version, is it too late to downgrade?

Essentially I am filing 3 returns, on 3 different accounts.  I paid for standard 3x as I thought this was the price for filing.  One return has been filed so that is done, but for the other two that are not filed I prepaid in advance for standard.  Can I be refunded, and downgrade to the free edition for those not filed?  And what about for the one that has been filed?

1 Reply

Good Afternoon, I have purchased the standard version, but not yet filed. I recently learnt that there is a free version, is it too late to downgrade?

Unfortunately, there is no way to downgrade a TurboTax product. You can go to the Return Manager (under Tools) and start your return over in the FREE version. Then once you have started your new return, you can go back into the Return Manager and click the small Trash Can next to the unwanted return to delete it.

If you still require a refund, here are the ways you can request one: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647900