Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgobillot
Returning Member

Has anyone had an issue with T4A box 48 not autofilling into income? I manually enter the amounts correctly but CRA reassessed because of the missing info. Not good!

12 Replies

Has anyone had an issue with T4A box 48 not autofilling into income? I manually enter the amounts correctly but CRA reassessed because of the missing info. Not good!

We have not heard of this issue. Can you please verify your return to see if it has been added? 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

tgobillot
Returning Member

What do you want verify on my return?  From what CRA is saying, the amount should've been recorded on line 13500, but it was blank.   I can see the amounts in the T4A wizard correctly.

T4A box 48 goes to the T2125, and result of T2125 goes into line 13500 (net business income). Is the amount from T4A box 48 showing up on your T2125? Did you claim any expenses?

tgobillot
Returning Member

When I go into the program and search for T2125, nothing comes up - where can I find that?

Use the “Find” tool🔍 to search for “self”. Select “Self-Employment” and then click the “Go” button.

tgobillot
Returning Member

Okay - found it, its the T2125 is blank, which explains why nothing filtered to line 13500. But, I wouldn't fill this out because he's not self employed, doesn't get commission, and does not have farming or fishing income.  This was income for working for a charity (thru his employer).   I think this is a flaw in the program?

T4A box 48 is "Fees for services", which is considered self-employment/business income. This is why the CRA is saying the amount needs to go on line 13500, which is net business income. Line 13500 is calculated based off of the result of the T2125, so if there is no T2125, then line 13500 will be empty.

tgobillot
Returning Member

I understand that, but why wouldn't the program "prompt" me saying I have income that I have NOT checked a box for?  It literally didn't do anything with the amounts I put it.   EXAMPLE: What if I put in T4 information and said I wasn't employed, what would it do with that information?   Because of this, I have been reassessed and charged $88 interest as well?

Yes, if you go step-by-step, the self-employment section should appear if you have already entered a T-Slip that has self-employment income on it. If you skip around, then the review should say something about missing info in the self-employment section. 

When you paid for this TurboTax return did it charge you for the self-employed version?