Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, what is the correct industry code for a clinical psychologist in Canada? Associate at a clinic/ independent contractor

I work at a clinic and I pay them clinic fees to use their offices, admin staff, etc.
2 Replies

Hello, what is the correct industry code for a clinical psychologist in Canada? Associate at a clinic/ independent contractor

We have found this industry code: 624190 - Other individual and family services. You may use the link below and verify that it is the correct industry code for you.

How Do I Choose My Industry Code?

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) asks that you choose a code from the generalized list of codes and to choose your code, establish what the main activity of your business is, and find the code that comes closest to it.

The NAICS system is structure under classes of industry. You will decide what class of code you fall under by clicking on the 2-digit code, which generalizes the initial industry, then this will open a new class within the initial one entered, you then continue to click on each entry until you end up with a complete 6-digit code.

If there still is no specific code for exactly the kind of work you do; simply choose the code that matches best. In every classification, there will always be an “other” category, which may be your best option if none fall under what it is specifically that you do. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Hello @kylie__wyote 

In addition to @TurboTaxGinette's answer, ... I also recommend you visit this CRA's web page to filter codes using keywords relevant to your profession:
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/businesses/topics/sole-proprietorships-partners...

Hint: When I typed "psych", the web site returned 621330 and 621110. Since only you know precisely the nature of the services you offer, I'll let you decide on the most appropriate code.

Have a nice day!