Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
britash19

My T2 return I saved is not appearing in my files. Can I retrieve it in any way?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My T2 return I saved is not appearing in my files. Can I retrieve it in any way?

Hi britash19:

Sorry to hear this has happened to you. The only copy of your return is the one saved on your computer, there is no copy with Intuit or the CRA. It is not normal for files to just disappear, so perhaps it is saved somewhere and you just can't find it. Try searching for the file using the search feature in the windows start menu or the search dialog box in the file explorer (the folder icon in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen). Search for your company or to search for all TurboTax Business Incorporated files, search for "***.GB_" Leave out the "" and replace the _ with the year of your TurboTax (e.g. 2 for TurboTax Business Incorporated 2012, 4 for 2014, 5 for 2015 etc.)

I hope this helps you find your file. If not and you have used TurboTax previously, an easy way to recreate may be to carry forward your file from a previous year to get most of the information entered.

Regards,

-TurboTaxCody

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Hi britash19:

Sorry to hear this has happened to you. The only copy of your return is the one saved on your computer, there is no copy with Intuit or the CRA. It is not normal for files to just disappear, so perhaps it is saved somewhere and you just can't find it. Try searching for the file using the search feature in the windows start menu or the search dialog box in the file explorer (the folder icon in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen). Search for your company or to search for all TurboTax Business Incorporated files, search for "***.GB_" Leave out the "" and replace the _ with the year of your TurboTax (e.g. 2 for TurboTax Business Incorporated 2012, 4 for 2014, 5 for 2015 etc.)

I hope this helps you find your file. If not and you have used TurboTax previously, an easy way to recreate may be to carry forward your file from a previous year to get most of the information entered.

Regards,

-TurboTaxCody