Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeri1

Why are you putting me on a Standard form?

I don't know why  my form was changed from a Free Edition to a Standard

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi, can you try the steps outline in this answer:

https://turbotax.community.turbotaxonline.ca/questions/1093526-says-i-have-to-upgrade-but-i-shouldn-...

If you've already upgraded to Standard (it will say Intuit TurboTax Standard 2014 at the top), then I would recommend creating a new tax return by clicking, at the top, Tools->Return Manager.  In the window that pops up, click "Create a New Return" and select Free.

This will create a new return with the TurboTax Online Free version but your old (Standard version) tax return will still be saved.  If you want to get back to your old return, you can do that through Tools->Return Manager.

Also just in case this applies to you, even if you're in Standard or higher, "TurboTax Online returns are FREE if the combined household income of you and your spouse does not exceed $20,000.00."

Hopefully this helps you, let me know how it works out.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Hi, can you try the steps outline in this answer:

https://turbotax.community.turbotaxonline.ca/questions/1093526-says-i-have-to-upgrade-but-i-shouldn-...

If you've already upgraded to Standard (it will say Intuit TurboTax Standard 2014 at the top), then I would recommend creating a new tax return by clicking, at the top, Tools->Return Manager.  In the window that pops up, click "Create a New Return" and select Free.

This will create a new return with the TurboTax Online Free version but your old (Standard version) tax return will still be saved.  If you want to get back to your old return, you can do that through Tools->Return Manager.

Also just in case this applies to you, even if you're in Standard or higher, "TurboTax Online returns are FREE if the combined household income of you and your spouse does not exceed $20,000.00."

Hopefully this helps you, let me know how it works out.