Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi i mistakenly choose the option of im "reporting a qualifying retroactive lump-sum payment on form t1198", could you change my choice to no so i can file my tax return

1 Reply

Hi i mistakenly choose the option of im "reporting a qualifying retroactive lump-sum payment on form t1198", could you change my choice to no so i can file my tax return

As per CRA-  If you receive a lump-sum payment, it appears on your Form T4A, Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity and Other Income, or your Form T3, Statement of Trust Income Allocations and Designations.

To fix the error message, you will have to go back to the "Income" section and click on the Slip that was entered and click on "Edit" to view what was entered and in which boxes to make sure they were entered correctly.  Once corrected/deleted then click on continue. Then you can return to the "Review" section to make sure that there is no error message and file your return.

Please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter if you require further assistance.