Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY son has Autism, I believe it goes in the disability transfer line( 318 on the return) but your software asks for my son's 2016 income( he is 15 and has no income)

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

MY son has Autism, I believe it goes in the disability transfer line( 318 on the return) but your software asks for my son's 2016 income( he is 15 and has no income)

Hi

In order to transfer the disability amount from a dependent, you need to have an approved T2201 on file with CRA.

If yes, then you can make the claim, if he has no income you can leave it at $0.  This question is asked because the amount of transfer may be reduced if there was any income to the dependent.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Hi

In order to transfer the disability amount from a dependent, you need to have an approved T2201 on file with CRA.

If yes, then you can make the claim, if he has no income you can leave it at $0.  This question is asked because the amount of transfer may be reduced if there was any income to the dependent.