Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenpat1
Returning Member

It seems that the converted amount I entered for U.K.income has been converted again thus incorrectly increasing my income. How can this be altered?

How can I retrieve the entry in foreign income?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
naztax

It seems that the converted amount I entered for U.K.income has been converted again thus incorrectly increasing my income. How can this be altered?

Hi there - To avoid the double exchange rate increasing your overall income here what we suggest:

On your forms -  if you entered your UK income in CAD dollars, put a foreign exchange rate of 1.

If you entered your UK income in EURO, then enter the current exchange rate.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
naztax

Hi there - To avoid the double exchange rate increasing your overall income here what we suggest:

On your forms -  if you entered your UK income in CAD dollars, put a foreign exchange rate of 1.

If you entered your UK income in EURO, then enter the current exchange rate.  Hope this helps!

lenpat1
Returning Member

This answer has come almost a month after the question.

I had corrected the problem and have already received my refund.

naztax

Happy to hear you have corrected the problem and received a refund! Apologies for the delay - we often will go through older unanswered questions in TurboTax to ensure that the answer is logged - as it may help another customer in the future! We strive to answer questions as fast as possible.