Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the "Return name:" from my spouse to my name?

I signed into my TurboTax account using my name and account details. Both my spouse's return and my return are filed together. But only my spouse's details from the 2016 tax year were uploaded, and my spouse's name (not my name) appears as the "Return name:" on the page titled "Here's a snapshot of what we'll transfer...". The return name should be my name.
1 Reply

How can I change the "Return name:" from my spouse to my name?

When you select the return to transfer, you should see both you and your spouse's names if they were completed together. 

You cannot change the name on the return you transfer/carry forward. If both returns are not available for you to carry forward, you may want to contact our Support team for assistance.

To do so,

• Click this link to the Contact Us page -  https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/
  • Type your question in the field (transfer 2016 will work), then click continue
  • Then click on the blue "Call" button.
  • Once you complete the required information, click “Get Phone Number”, a phone number will appear, along with your incident ID. This will ensure that an appropriate agent is assigned to your query.