Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enter income for Box 107, short term disability?

2 Replies

Thanks for your question. If you received a payment, your employer will include it in Box 107 of your T4A slip. This amount is called a wage-loss replacement plan. This amount must be reported on line 104 of your income tax return.  Go to the Income tab in Turbotax online, in menu items, Select T-slips, then from the drop-down list select- T4A - Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income. In the form, enter the value in box 107. Click here to read more about wage-loss replacement plan. 

If you receive benefits from a Wage Loss Replacement Plan, such as Short-Term Disability (STD), Long-Term Disability (LTD), or Weekly Indemnity (WI), you will receive a T4a and report these amounts on Line 10400 of your tax return.

How do you enter a T4A slip for the TurboTax online edition:

1.    Select the image of the magnifying glass (or Find) in the upper-right area of TurboTax
  2. Enter “T4A” in the Find window
  3. Select T4A Pension, Retirement, Annuity from the list of results, and then select Enter new T4A
  4. Enter your amount to box 107

How do you enter a T4A slip for the TurboTax CD/download edition:

1. Select the image of the magnifying glass (or Find) in the upper-right area of TurboTax
  2. Enter “T4A” in the Find window
  3. Select T4A Pension, retirement, an annuity from the list of results, and then select Go

The Entering your federal T-slips step appears

1. Select T4A - Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income (including scholarships and bursaries)
  2. Select Continue