Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find the download for Mac for 2021 tax year

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately, the TurboTax CD/download versions cannot be installed on a MAC as they are not compatible. You will need to use a TurboTax Online version. Please follow this link where you can find our 2021 TurboTax Online.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Unfortunately, the TurboTax CD/download versions cannot be installed on a MAC as they are not compatible. You will need to use a TurboTax Online version. Please follow this link where you can find our 2021 TurboTax Online.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Yes, I found it.  It is a bit frustrating to find a prior year, but I did find it.  I started the returns, however I am very disappointed that you can't see the forms with the online version.  That is a huge downfall.  I will switch back, unfortunately, to a PC version.  Being able to see the forms is the only way to work with a tax software in my opinion.  :(((((

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team. If you need to see the lines of the return itself please see the image below in order to View the detailed tax summary.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax

Thank you for the further information, but I have already seen the summary.  That is useful, but doesn't solve the problem of not being able to access the forms.  For example, I ticked off information for my husband to use the Caregiver Credit.  In the Summary, I can see the amount of refundable tax credits have increased, as they should.  However his tax refund amount reduced!! Doesn't make sense.  The way I would sort this out it too look at the T1 form, actually see the calculation of taxes etc; that is what I do in the downloaded version.  With the online method I can only see the result, not how it is being calculated; therefore we can't make informed decisions.  This online version is pretty easy to use, but is good only if you have a basic return in my view. 

Unfortunately, the Forms View is only available in the Download version. We thank you for your feedback and it is appreciated. If you believe there may be an error in the calculations, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help you. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" and stay on the line.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.