Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmos1

How do I find the Turbo Tax file (.tt22) in order to save it to autofill my 2023 return?

5 Replies

How do I find the Turbo Tax file (.tt22) in order to save it to autofill my 2023 return?

It usually saves it under your documents, under TurboTax.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

cmos1

Thanks, but I did a full search of my computer and it's not there. All the previous years are there, but 2022 I used the online service and it never gave me an option to save it. Is there any way to get a copy of it for 2022?

If you used the TurboTax Online software then it wouldn't have saved with the rest. You would just have a PDF copy of them for 2022. You would need to sign into your TurboTax Online account from this link to find your returns.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Ed19471

I downloaded 2022 Turbotax online but because it didn't seem to save anything to my computer and I couldn't seem to understand how to save it, I purchased a disk for 2023.  Now I can't seem to autofill 2022 information since I have no records on my computer.   Previous to 2022 I filed for many years in succession using disks.  How can I automatically fill in my 2023 data from the online file?

@Ed19471 You can’t transfer returns from TurboTax Online to TurboTax CD/Download.

TurboTax Online doesn't generate .ttxx files, as it's not based on the desktop software.