Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DD12

How do I know how much of my 2015 business expenses I can carry over into 2016 tax return?

No amount shows up on Transfer for Next Year Summary page
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I know how much of my 2015 business expenses I can carry over into 2016 tax return?

After completing and paying for your Turbo Tax return, download the PDF copy for your records. Amounts that typically set up with carry forwards are CCA and "Office in Home" expenses. This information will be reported on schedule T2125.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

After completing and paying for your Turbo Tax return, download the PDF copy for your records. Amounts that typically set up with carry forwards are CCA and "Office in Home" expenses. This information will be reported on schedule T2125.

DD12

Oh perfect — so I will only be able to see it once I've completed and submitted then? (I'm using the online version). I just want to make sure I do not have to delete anything I've inputted in order to manually save it for the next year's return.

You'll be able to review your return once you pay. You can then make any changes you need to before you submit your return to CRA's NETFILE service.

You can access a detailed Federal Tax summary under the "Review" tab > "Bottom Line (tax summaries)" > in the lower left hand corner (paper + magnifying glass) click on "Detailed Tax Summary".

Once you have paid for Turbo Tax (and before filing to CRA) you can access a complete copy of your tax return with all schedules for a final review.

Access your full PDF copy of your tax return under the "Review" tab in the "Bottom Line (tax summaries)" screen, look under the paper icon with magnifying glass and select "Review T1 General" for complete copy.

You can also find details under the "Review" tab > "Transfer for next year summary".