Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup a new cra account if i never filed taxes before? The cra website asks for a tax line amount for 15000. I'm not sure how to proceed

10 Replies

How to setup a new cra account if i never filed taxes before? The cra website asks for a tax line amount for 15000. I'm not sure how to proceed

After you get your Notice of Assessment from your first return, you'll be able to sign up for MY Account.

This CRA website tells you how to sign up for My Account: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/cra-login-services/cra-user-password-hel...

Thanks for the information! However in my case, this is my first time filing taxes and I didn’t file anything in the previous years. What can I do in this situation if I don’t have a notice of assessment?

You can't sign up for a CRA MyAccount until after you file a return for the first time and get the notice of assessment.

Oh okay got it! So what could be the next step for me? Should I file my taxes through any service like [another company] and then later wait for my NOA to make a CRA account? I again appreciate you giving response to this.

This is the forum for TurboTax, we have some pretty darn good tax software right here: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax/software/online

Oh sounds good! I was actually exploring all options that is why i mentioned another company. I’m actually new to filing taxes especially by myself. I have everything ready in turbo tax as well to be submitted. I just wanted to know if I submit my taxes through turbotax now and get a NOA in a few weeks…. I’d then be able to make my new CRA account right?

Yes, you should be able to.

Perfect! I really thank you for your assistance! Peace✌️

michaelmoreton
Returning Member

I have lost line15000