Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a consultant for norwex how do i claim my income

3 Replies

As per this Norwex Canada document - Norwex Canada Consultant Policies and Procedures, 'Consultants are self-employed, non-exclusive independent contractors who are authorized to market and sell Norwex products and sponsor other Consultants anywhere within Canada and any other country in which Norwex is authorized to conduct business. Consultants are not, and shall not represent themselves to be, employees, agents, or representatives of Norwex or purchasers of a franchise or a business opportunity. Any agreement between Norwex and a Consultant does not create an employee/employer relationship, agency, partnership, or joint venture between Norwex and such Consultant. Consultants shall not be treated as employees of Norwex for any purpose including, without limitation, for federal, provincial, or local tax purposes. '

If you have a T4A, you would want to enter that first. Then you can enter your self-employment details.

To get to the Self-Employment section of TurboTax Online:

1. Click on Find (magnifying glass) in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Type "self" in the box, then select "self-employment" from the list, and click “Go”.

Please note that you will need to upgrade TurboTax Self-Employed Online to do this.

There is a program used called Office Suite which tracks our sales and where we submit orders. Norwex has a monthly fee for this. Where can this be claimed on my taxes

@Connie-White You can enter software expenses under Office expenses - Line 8811 or Office stationery and supplies - Line 8860.