Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am missing T4s from previous tax years (2018 onward) CRA still hasn't sent them, I requested them months ago. Can TurboTax find my T4s for me?

I never filed my taxes because I didn't know how. Some of my T4s were mailed to my parents while I was living elsewhere and got lost. I called CRA on Nov 29 2021 and they said they would send all T4s in 15 business days. It is now Jan 6 2022. The government owes me a lot of money in tax returns because I never made the amount I had to claim.
1 Reply

I am missing T4s from previous tax years (2018 onward) CRA still hasn't sent them, I requested them months ago. Can TurboTax find my T4s for me?

We appreciate you choosing TurboTax.

We would recommend you to do the followings to find your T4s:

• Check with your employer to see if they have issued you a T4 and if so, how? In the event that your employer did not have your correct mailing address or email address and tried to issue your T4, the mail may have been returned or the email may have bounced back. You may also receive your T4 through their online payroll portal. Often, you can get a new copy of your T4 by contacting your employer or former employer!
  • You can view and download your T4 slips from your CRA My Account if you’re registered. Here’s a little more information from CRA: Get a copy of your tax slips
  • You can use Autofill directly in our TurboTax softwareYou will need a CRA My Account in order to use Auto-Fill My Return. Haven’t set up your CRA My Account yet? Let’s get started setting up that account and you’ll be one step closer to importing your tax slip information and filing your tax return.

Please visit the link provided for further clarifications:

TurboTax: Tax Tip: Where Can I Get a Copy of My T4 Slip?

CRA: Get your T4, T5, T3, T2202, RC62, RC210 or RRSP slips 

Please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter if you require further assistance.