Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grey_jennifer
Returning Member

I am trying to do my business taxes. It is an MLM company, so we get commissions. I am so lost on how to enter it this year.

Part 3 A business line 1 is that my commissions or what was the total sales I made or ?

I do not get a T4 slip from them. Customers order/pay. I make a commissions. 

So what do I enter. Is it total sales I made? or just commissions. But then when I add inventory etc it makes a really large negative. 

say I sold $8000 worth of the companies product. People ordered/payed. I made $1500 in commissions. 

Where do I put what I bought for stock and shows?

1 Reply

I am trying to do my business taxes. It is an MLM company, so we get commissions. I am so lost on how to enter it this year.

You can do it different ways, but if you’ve kept track of inventory, you can enter your total sales, plus commissions. Then put your inventory (stock) expenses in the inventory section.

If you travelled to sell your product, there are places to put those expenses, as well as vehicle related expenses. If you had business cards or signage made up you can put that under advertising expense.

Assist & Review English Self-Employed (TTO Only)

Did you pick up a side gig or start your own business in 2017? Have an expert answer your questions and perform a full review your return before you file New for 2018, TurboTax Live Assist & Review takes the guesswork of your return. Learn more here:

https://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/live-assist-review-self-employed.jsp?iref=axc_fy18_...