Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to use moving expenses on my taxes in Canada.I need to input my net eligible income. Do I use Line 22 on my T4?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am trying to use moving expenses on my taxes in Canada.I need to input my net eligible income. Do I use Line 22 on my T4?

Box 22 of your T4 is your Income Tax Deducted, do not use this figure.

Line 22 on the T1M - Moving Expense Schedule is your Net Eligible Income.  

Your net eligible income is equal to the amounts reported on your T4 and/or T4A slips relating to the new work location and that are included on lines 101 and/or 104, minus any amount relating to the new work location claimed on lines 207, 212, 229, 231, and 232 of your return. 

Generally this figure is calculated by the amount in Box 14 minus Boxes 20 and 44 of the T4 and any Employment Expenses claimed on the T777 relating to the income at the new location.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Box 22 of your T4 is your Income Tax Deducted, do not use this figure.

Line 22 on the T1M - Moving Expense Schedule is your Net Eligible Income.  

Your net eligible income is equal to the amounts reported on your T4 and/or T4A slips relating to the new work location and that are included on lines 101 and/or 104, minus any amount relating to the new work location claimed on lines 207, 212, 229, 231, and 232 of your return. 

Generally this figure is calculated by the amount in Box 14 minus Boxes 20 and 44 of the T4 and any Employment Expenses claimed on the T777 relating to the income at the new location.