Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am wondering how to access the data I imputed into turbo tax. There is some math that is missing from my notes. How do I access that?

8 Replies

I am wondering how to access the data I imputed into turbo tax. There is some math that is missing from my notes. How do I access that?

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

Last year, I used Turbo Tax Online

You can go through the whole tax return by starting back at the beginning at "My Info", or you can look at the actual forms sent to the CRA by downloading a pdf of your return. This YouTube video shows you how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S15YJrKTEks

So neither is there My info on it and the information that I am looking for is not in the return. The line does not actually say the math that went into it which is what I am looking for. CRA is asking for information and I have a terrible practice of never being able to find my notes but I thought I could look back on my turbo tax. All it has is to open a new one or look at my old returns.

What specifically are you looking for?

Been asked to fill out the TL2 form, ie the claim for meals and lodging expenses. I did the simplified batch method. I am pretty sure. But I have a terrible memory for tax stuff. But I usually do that method. For some reason I thought I would be able to go and look at the information that I put into turbo tax but it's only allowing me to see the end result the PDF of the return which is not what the CRA is asking for.

First you will want to make sure you are logged into TurboTax Online 2022: https://ww1.2022.ca.turbotaxonline.intuit.com/

Open your return and use the use the “Find” tool🔍 to search for “transport”. Select “Transport Employee Expenses” and then click the “Go” button. Continue through this section to see the data entered for the TL2 form.

Ahh I see the issue was I was not "logged into" 2022. Thank you so much for your help