Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought DVD at Costco. After installation, the required updates are for Canada. What is going on?

4 Replies

I bought DVD at Costco. After installation, the required updates are for Canada. What is going on?

Just noticed that this question is posted in the Canada community. What the *O^&^%( is going on with TurboTax? The DVD loaded correctly. I signed in, entered the license code, then the mandated online updates dropped the Canadian version. This is the 3rd year in a row that TurboTax software/servers/company has done something totally absurd. I keep thinking about using something else, but TT is easier than anything else.

Except this time.

Time to delete everything and start over.

And I don't give a flying fig about badges or welcome messages.

This is the support site for the Canadian TurboTax. For assistance with U.S. taxes and U.S. versions of TurboTax, please visit the website for TurboTax USA.

Well duh! That's what I'm trying to do but it keeps sending me (and downloading the software) for Canada. I've rebooted, I've deleted and re-installed, rebooted and keep getting the Canada software. So please, telling me to visit the US site doesn't help.

Try clearing your browser cache or use a different browser and then go to the US site and download the software.

If that doesn't work try this link to get to the US support site: https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/