Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought turbotax download version and I don't see any activation code? I have not received an email for it as well?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I bought turbotax download version and I don't see any activation code? I have not received an email for it as well?

Well, I guess I just have to self answer this question.  So I bought it from Turbo tax website and downloaded it from the website as well.  I bought this around 9pm, however, I didn't at the time receive any email and upon paying for it, there was no activation code that showed up.  I was going to phone turbo tax next morning to see what happened, but around 10am in the morning I have received an email from turbo tax about the receipt and the activation code is within the email.  I guess the only thing will be that if Turbo tax can at the end of the payment screen explain that by next day there will be an email sent to the buyer with activation code, then that would help a lot and save a lot of worrying.  I almost believed I got scammed?  it was an hour wasted searching for answers and in the end posting.  I find the web site hard to navigate and has too much extra stuff that are not easy to go through and I use computers everyday.  I think next year I will go back to buying from retail stores, at least I know I have the act. code in the box.

Thanks

DC

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Did you buy it from a retail store?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Well, I guess I just have to self answer this question.  So I bought it from Turbo tax website and downloaded it from the website as well.  I bought this around 9pm, however, I didn't at the time receive any email and upon paying for it, there was no activation code that showed up.  I was going to phone turbo tax next morning to see what happened, but around 10am in the morning I have received an email from turbo tax about the receipt and the activation code is within the email.  I guess the only thing will be that if Turbo tax can at the end of the payment screen explain that by next day there will be an email sent to the buyer with activation code, then that would help a lot and save a lot of worrying.  I almost believed I got scammed?  it was an hour wasted searching for answers and in the end posting.  I find the web site hard to navigate and has too much extra stuff that are not easy to go through and I use computers everyday.  I think next year I will go back to buying from retail stores, at least I know I have the act. code in the box.

Thanks

DC

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate it. We will forward it to the appropriate department. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.