Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterxie

I bought TurboTax. I tried to Netfile today. It kept saying I put in a wrong industry code, and prevented me from Netfile. I checked. It isn't wrong. What can I do?

I filed with TurboTax in the past years.  The problem never occurred previously.  Is it a bug in this year's version?
3 Replies

I bought TurboTax. I tried to Netfile today. It kept saying I put in a wrong industry code, and prevented me from Netfile. I checked. It isn't wrong. What can I do?

Some codes do not work for 2022. For example, codes 454300 & 454390 will no longer work for 2022. Direct Sellers must now choose codes based on what they are selling.

Please visit the NAICS website to find out the code based on what you are selling: https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1369825

For more information please see our TurboTax article: Finding the Right Industry Code for Your Business Tax Return

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

spudder16

I have triple checked the industry code and I am using the exact same one as last year and its still giving me the warning and not allowing me to netfile my return

@spudder16 Many codes have been changed for 2022. For example, Direct Sellers and Retailers must now choose codes based on what they are selling.

Please visit the NAICS 2022 website here to check if your code still exists and what a new one might be: https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1369825