Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot see the T1135 I submitted via TurboTax at CRA's website. I got the green confirmation. What should I do? Do I have to submit that again, or via mail?

I cannot see my T1135 form online at CRA's website and I cannot confirm if they got it. TurboTax says it was successfully submitted.

CRA's message below my assessment note is below.

When you filed your return, you answered "yes" to the question on page 2, "Did you own or hold specified foreign property where the total cost amount of all such property, at any time in 2019, was more than CAN$100,000?" Therefore, you are required to file Form T1135, Foreign Income Verification Statement, if you have not already done so. There are substantial penalties for not filing Form T1135 by the due date. For more information see form T1135 at canada.ca/cra-forms.
1 Reply

I cannot see the T1135 I submitted via TurboTax at CRA's website. I got the green confirmation. What should I do? Do I have to submit that again, or via mail?

On the CRA website, the form is viewed differently, therefore I will advise that you contact the CRA to determine if your T1135 was received. Call them at 1-800-959-8281. That message may also be a standard message received for those filing a T1135 as well.

If they advised that it was not received successfully but you have Netfiled your tax return; then contact our support team as they have the option to view your screen to find a resolution.

Good luck!