Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amy-gelin

I clicked on the "upgrade product" by accident. It turns out I do not need it. How can I go back to the cheaper tier? I think I was in "deluxe" before?

The checkout screen does not let me set the product I am buying. It is stuck now.

It is a dark-pattern to only allow upgrades, and not downgrades. As a matter of fact, it may be an illegal practice for online commerce, and you Intuit could be held liable for that.
2 Replies

I clicked on the "upgrade product" by accident. It turns out I do not need it. How can I go back to the cheaper tier? I think I was in "deluxe" before?

If you are using TurboTax Online, you’ll need to start a new return to change your product. To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns” in the top left corner. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Returns” from under “My Accounts & Returns”. Then delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it or “Delete” under the return’s name.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I wish there was a thumbs down.