Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't know how to fix this error, it's my first time doing my own taxes. "You received a scholarship amount on a T4A slip and also reported tuition fees on a T2202... "

Entire error message: "You received a scholarship amount on a T4A slip and also reported tuition fees on a T2202. To properly calculate your tax exemption, on your T4A, move the amount in the taxable box 105 to one of the other box 105 fields (either a part-time or full-time), as applicable."
The error applies to me, and I don't understand how to fit it. I have all the necessary values, but I don't know what the error asks. Thank you in advance for your help!
2 Replies

I don't know how to fix this error, it's my first time doing my own taxes. "You received a scholarship amount on a T4A slip and also reported tuition fees on a T2202... "

There are several Boxes numbered 105 on the T4A entry page. Make sure that the box that you have entered your scholarship income in matches the information you put on the Tuition page.

To get back to the T4A page, use the “Find” (magnifying) tool to search for “T4A”. Select it from the list and then click the “Go” button. Then click Edit next to the T4A you need to edit.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

@anju115421 If you have part-time months on your T2202 then you will include your tuition fee amount in box 105 of the T4A indicated as part-time. If you have full-time months on your T2202 you will then put your tuition amount in box 105 indicated as full-time months.

Thank you for using TurboTax.