Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrob2
Returning Member

I entered myself as common law by mistake, but can't seem to change it as a Full Service Premier member.

I was starting my tax documents this year and without thinking clicked common law. However, I do not qualify as common law, so want to change it but seem unable too. I cannot create a new return either as I am only allowed to have one return as a Premier member.

So I am stuck on a screen that asks to "hear more about my partner" with no options to go back and change it.

3 Replies

I entered myself as common law by mistake, but can't seem to change it as a Full Service Premier member.

If you got past the "here is what we know so far" page, then you can't return to change your marital status.  Since you have not paid for the software as of yet- you can  create/ start a 2nd return as a do your own just answer a few questions then click on view all returns- the system will allow you to delete the Full Service return, you will see a garbage can beside it.  Once it is deleted you can then start a new Full Service Return. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

mrob2
Returning Member

Thank you Brenda for the help!

You're welcome 🙂 Have a nice day!