Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had to install software from last three yrs into a new computer but can find the actual returns I completed

3 Replies

I had to install software from last three yrs into a new computer but can find the actual returns I completed

When you downloaded  your software from previous years the returns were not longer attached to your TurboTax download?

Yes the files were not attached. Why would they be. I installed new software on the new computer. I need to know where the files are stored and how to access them or download them for the new software.

Did you use TurboTax online the previous years and now using the TurboTax download software on your new computer? 

If this is the case, you can't transfer your TurboTax Online to TurboTax Download. You can only transfer from Download to the Online versions. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.