Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have income in my income summary under "net employment earnings". I've gone through each line and I don't know its source! Its in error, and I want to fix it.

1 Reply

I have income in my income summary under "net employment earnings". I've gone through each line and I don't know its source! Its in error, and I want to fix it.

Net employment income reports the total income on lines 10100 and 10400. You can check your entry in these two lines as follows:

If you are using TurboTax Desktop, switch to Forms view on the top bar. Open your T1-General and check lines 10100 and 10400. You can double click on the amount to check the slips entered.

If you are using TurboTax online. Go to Detailed Tax SUmmary from the left-side menu under your refund amount or balance due. Click on the net employment income line 10100 or other employment income line 10400 and a pop-up window will direct where to add or check these entries.

Other employment income can include:

Received tips, gratuities, occasional earnings, or other employment income

Wage-loss replacement plan

Claimed a GST rebate in the tax year 2019. Do not confuse this with the GST credit. You must include the rebate amount as income in the tax year 2020.

Reported income one Boxes 118 or 119 on a T4A. Deferred stock option benefit

Please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter if you require further assistance.