Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have T4's only, will BASIC and STANDARD find the same tax savings etc...?

Hi,

I have T4's only to input... and I've completed my return in BASIC, but have not filed it yet with the CRA.

It is showing me a refund due of "X" dollars.

If I were to upgrade to the STANDARD version and I do not change or input any new info... will the refund amount also be "X" dollars or will the STANDARD version find more "tax saving opportunities by searching 400+ credits and deductions for you" as specified on the Compare Products webpage?

Thanks!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Our software is meant to suggest an upgrade if you need a higher version to calculate more benefits and credits according to your entries. If you have not seen this recommendation while filling your return this means you would not benefit or have a difference in your amount due or refund.  You may wish to review our TurboTax articles: The 9 Biggest Tax Changes Canadians Need to Know for Tax Year 2023. Another helpful article is: 20 Popular Canadian Tax Deductions and Credits for Tax Year 2023

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Our software is meant to suggest an upgrade if you need a higher version to calculate more benefits and credits according to your entries. If you have not seen this recommendation while filling your return this means you would not benefit or have a difference in your amount due or refund.  You may wish to review our TurboTax articles: The 9 Biggest Tax Changes Canadians Need to Know for Tax Year 2023. Another helpful article is: 20 Popular Canadian Tax Deductions and Credits for Tax Year 2023

Thank you, that's the answer I needed... I did NOT see any upgrade suggestions when I completed my taxes in the BASIC version.

Have a great week!

You are very welcome and enjoy your week also.