Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting the error message "We can't connect to your Etsy account right now" when trying to connect my etsy account. What should I do?

6 Replies

I keep getting the error message "We can't connect to your Etsy account right now" when trying to connect my etsy account. What should I do?

Can you please clarify if you are trying to log into your Etsy account and if yes, this is TurboTax and not Etsy. Please contact Etsy if you are having issues logging in.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I have no problem logging into Etsy. The problem is with connecting turbotax to Etsy. It's the linking process on turbotax that is failing. 

Can you please contact our phone support who can view your screen to help you and if needed they can escalate this issue.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Dmackay94

Did you figure this out? Mine did the same thing and now I cannot get back to the page to connect it to Etsy..

Before trying again, please clear your cache/cookies, sign out of your return and restart your computer. You can choose to file your taxes with TurboTax through your Etsy account. By using our affiliated link, you'll be sent straight to the TurboTax sign-in screen, where you're prompted to create a new account or access your existing one. From there, you can choose to file independently (with help) or have us file for you. On the TurboTax welcome screens, you have the option to import your year-end summary directly from Etsy. If you choose to import, you're redirected to Etsy to sign in and verify your account before being sent back to TurboTax.

If you still need help with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I called and the phone support said that this is not a feature available to Canada.