Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickvan11
Returning Member

I lived in Quebec and worked for a BC-base employer for 6 months. They only charged me BC tax (T4) and did not provide a Releve 1. How do I go about entering that in?

I moved to Quebec at the beginning of 2022 and was still working for a BC-based employer virtually until June of 2022. For the period worked Jan 1 - Jun 1 2022 the employer deducted only BC taxes and only issued a T4 (no Releve 1). How do I go about filing this no on Turbotax as it asks for info from my Releve1? And how do I make sure that the taxes I paid to BC go to offset some of the ones that weren't paid to Quebec?

I found something like this on your website but no idea how to implement:

"To start, grab your T4 slip and find the amount of income tax deducted. Note this amount on line 437 of your federal return. Then, multiply this number by 45 percent and write the result on line 438. Finally, transfer that amount to line 454 of the return you submit to Revenu Québec"

1 Reply

I lived in Quebec and worked for a BC-base employer for 6 months. They only charged me BC tax (T4) and did not provide a Releve 1. How do I go about entering that in?

When completing your tax return- the tax credits and deductions have to do with the province that you lived in as of December 31, 2022.  Therefore, if you lived in Quebec- you will enter the T4 by entering the proper province of the T4 in your case BC once the information has been entered you simply click on save T4 and Skip REL1.  Then you can transfer up to 45% to QC of the income tax paid in BC. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.