Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to install Turbotax 2022 Deluxe (desktop) and when I enter the licence code to activate it, I get an error code: 620. Technical problems try again later.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'm trying to install Turbotax 2022 Deluxe (desktop) and when I enter the licence code to activate it, I get an error code: 620. Technical problems try again later.

Hi Ginette,

I received error 620, followed by 625 also.

The product is TurboTax 2022 Deluxe, bought brand new in box at Costco, so there's no reason the activation key shouldn't work.

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the software and the activation process completed just fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you receive an error code that says, "The license code you entered is not valid. Error code: XXX", it means the code you're entering is either not valid for that product or is no longer active. Check that you're entering the code exactly as it appears on your CD insert or copy and paste it directly from your Downloads. Please make sure to enter the hyphens.

If you receive either one of these errors, wait a few minutes and re-enter your license code:

• Sorry, we're experiencing a problem on our end. Please try again later. Error code: 620
  • There was an error with validating your license code, please try again later. Error code: 630

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Hi Ginette,

I received error 620, followed by 625 also.

The product is TurboTax 2022 Deluxe, bought brand new in box at Costco, so there's no reason the activation key shouldn't work.

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the software and the activation process completed just fine.

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.