Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I moved provinces for work. A T4 for the earnings from the new location was not issued as they are a Canada wide business. What is the net income from the new location?

I moved provinces for a promotion, but they did not issue a separate T4 for the new location, only one for the entire earnings over both locations. How do I figure out what the net income is for the new location. 

1 Reply

I moved provinces for work. A T4 for the earnings from the new location was not issued as they are a Canada wide business. What is the net income from the new location?

You may have to perform some manual calculations to arrive at the Net Eligible Income at your new work location. If you have a copy of your last pay stub before you made the move, you can subtract the amounts on that last stub from your T4. 

You Net Eligible Income is calculated as the Total Income (box 14) - RPP Contributions (box 20) - Union Dues (box 44).

You may also want to contact your Payroll Department and see if they can provide you with a breakdown.