Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I replaced my hard drive and re-installed prior year versions of the TurboTax software. How can I update those software versions so that I can open the old tax returns?

I need information from older returns to accurately prepare the 2022 return.  For example, 2015 Turbotax.  I would also appreciate if I can update the prior years' versions too.
3 Replies

I replaced my hard drive and re-installed prior year versions of the TurboTax software. How can I update those software versions so that I can open the old tax returns?

You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition (2018 to 2021) here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

Here is the link for TurboTax CD/Download 2016: https://intuitglobal.intuit.com/downloads/CanadaTax/2016/dls/TurboTax2016_Bld8004_May18.exe

Here is the link for TurboTax CD/Download 2017: https://intuitglobal.intuit.com/downloads/CanadaTax/2017/dls/TurboTax2017_Build9008.exe

If you no longer have the licence code for these products, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

Unfortunately, we no longer support products for 2015 or earlier.

Thank you. 

Are these links to the updated versions of the software for the respective years?  I mean, each year there would be a few updates to the software during the filing season and are the links point to those updated versions of the original versions of the CD?  

I do have the original CD's of all the years and installed them in my new hard drive.  However, they are unable to open the saved returns as they were created/saved with the updated versions.

Thanks.

The versions we have to download on our website are the most up to date versions, with all the updates applied.