Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I saw 2 bugs reported : Intuit TurboTax Business Incorporated 2021. in costco.ca , have the 2 bugs been solved by Intuit canada ?

I've used this software for 20 years without complaint. The 2021 version... I ran into 2 bugs, easily, one of course after I filed. This was clearly not tested with the same rigor of past years.

https://www.costco.ca/intuit-turbotax-business-incorporated-2021%2c-english%2c-digital-download.prod...  

The first bug, is it hits a software error, through easystep when it gets to the Ontario annual filing. Since Ontario no longer does annual filing through the federal tax, this whole section should've been removed, and they had ample time to remove it.

The 2nd problem is in Form T2, section General Tax Reduction for Canadian Controlled Private Corporations, Line F. The calculated value is not pulled in from Line 440. This error caused my filed return to understate tax owing by 28%.

Reports of the bugs (first was already known), left me feeling they would do nothing about it.

The software is cheaper than an Incorporated accountant, but they've clearly dropped the ball on development and testing for 2021.

2 Replies

I saw 2 bugs reported : Intuit TurboTax Business Incorporated 2021. in costco.ca , have the 2 bugs been solved by Intuit canada ?

I saw the 2 bugs when I was trying order it online ,

have the 2 bugs been solved ?

Covid likely affect every thing ?

I used the software many years , first time heard it have bugs , 

hopefully ,intuit canada support team can solve it,

or any can help recommend alternative product can file T2 for small incorporated  ? 

Thanks 

Please contact our Intuit Profile for assistance. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.