Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I used Turbotax Premier Assist last year but now want to switch back to Turbotax Premier desktop. How do I move the new 2023 online returns to my desktop version?

I understand based on Turbotax posts that if I start the 2023 returns online that I can continue those 2023 returns from my desktop version?  The desktop version is supposed have a "Continue from Online" option?
4 Replies

I used Turbotax Premier Assist last year but now want to switch back to Turbotax Premier desktop. How do I move the new 2023 online returns to my desktop version?

The information that you were looking at is for the US. You can’t transfer information from TurboTax Online into TurboTax CD/Download in the Canadian version of TurboTax.

Thanks for the reply.  That is unfortunate that the import feature is only available in the US market.  A deficiency in the Canadian version.

perey63

I bought the online version of Turbotax (the Premier Version) this year (2023). I have been using the desktop version for years and was pleased with the functionality. I was very disappointed with the onlin functionality, the search capacity, and the difficulty to look up forms. I am now two filings in, and cannot switch back to desktop because INTUIT failed to consider us Canadians when implementing the online to desktop migration. Shame on you Intuit for poor software design...Now let me get back to slugging through the online interface! :(

Thank you for your feedback. We will ensure it is forwarded to the appropriate department.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.