Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vfrigon1

I've been told that eyes glasses limit is 200$ for Québec and 100% cover by Federal ( If it cost me 400$) how could I ask different amount in TurboTax

1 Reply
TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

I've been told that eyes glasses limit is 200$ for Québec and 100% cover by Federal ( If it cost me 400$) how could I ask different amount in TurboTax

Indeed, only the first 200$ per person is deductible as medical expenses for eyeglass frames in Quebec.  If the eyeglass frames cost is more than 200$ you have to deduct the difference in the Quebec section of the medical expense.

Make sure to separate the frame cost and the prescription eyeglass cost in the medical expenses receipts.

If you are using TurboTax OnLine you have to enter the amount for eyeglass frame separately from the prescription eyeglass cost and select eyeglass frame in Type of expense.  TurboTax will limit the expense to 200$ for the frame.

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download version go to Form mode and enter the expenses for eyeglass frames exceeding the 200$ limit per person at the bottom of the QMED worksheet.