Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbraver

I want to install Turbotax Canada 2019 on a differenct computer than I used for 2018. Which files contain my personal/carry-forward information that I need to move over?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I want to install Turbotax Canada 2019 on a differenct computer than I used for 2018. Which files contain my personal/carry-forward information that I need to move over?

Hello,

Please copy over all the *.tt17 tax files which usually is present under your "Documents --> TurboTax --> 2017" directory. You can create a similar directory structure on your new machine or you can place these documents at any other location.

In case you copy it to the same location as mentioned above TurboTax will automatically show these documents so that you can carry forward, else you can browse to those files to jump start your 2018 return.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Hello,

Please copy over all the *.tt17 tax files which usually is present under your "Documents --> TurboTax --> 2017" directory. You can create a similar directory structure on your new machine or you can place these documents at any other location.

In case you copy it to the same location as mentioned above TurboTax will automatically show these documents so that you can carry forward, else you can browse to those files to jump start your 2018 return.

Hope this helps!