Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ptansey
Returning Member

I was trying to file my taxes and my common-law partner's. Why didn't turbotax ask me for my spouse's T4?

at the beginning of the process I indicated I was doing taxes for my partner AND myself but I never noticed a screen that gave me a chance to enter my partner's T4. Now my taxes are filed and I don't know how to do hers

2 Replies

I was trying to file my taxes and my common-law partner's. Why didn't turbotax ask me for my spouse's T4?

Did you see any pages regarding your spouse? If you select "My Info" you should see both your and your spouse's names. If you don't, then you have only prepared the return for yourself. You would need to start a new return for your spouse. 

Spouses preparing together

ptansey
Returning Member

Thank you!

I do see reference to my partner, so I guess I started a tax return for her, but I didn't notice an opportunity to enter her T4 as part of the process. I got all the way to the end of my own taxes and even NETFILE'd them assuming I'd eventually be asked for her T4, which I never saw.